Sunday, January 23, 2011

Hello World






I woke up at 4 AM and couldn't sleep. The reason? I'm was considering different branching strategies for our project. I'd really like to split it into (at least) two separate branches but the problem is that both parts would have dependencies on each other and I would have to update versions in projects in these two branches continuously. Tedious. Maybe a different strategy would be better? Or just keep things as they are?

Another morning, few months ago, I woke up at 4 AM thinking about a hard to break SQL.

This is a blog for  people who wake up at 4 AM because of development issues. Or for people who's like to read about people who wake up at 4 AM. Or for other freaks.

But first let me tell you something about myself and try to explain the coffin thing. I work in a fantastic consultant company called Jayway, currently in a large internet bank project. Our CM was recently too tired of late evenings and endless merging issus and I was asked to take his place. I like being a CM. I just love Hudson and I have some strong feelings (not all positiv though) to Subversion.

I live in Sweden in a place called Kista. Try writing kista in google translate and things might get clearer. 

Here's a list of other thing I like, to help you sort me in the correct box: Java, Scala, my wife and children,  shooting pool[1], swimming, cycling, solving problems.

That's enough for a hello world tryout. More will come soon, hopefully. I'd like to write about how we solved the branches issue. And about being a CM. And about open source. 

See you soon! 



[1] They have this pool table in my current project, not too far from where I sit. How could I ever switch project? 

2 comments:

  1. Hello Uzi, keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent Uzi! I am sure adding this Reader. How about adding Hudson to the list of topics?

    ReplyDelete